The Dutch Association of Aviation Technicians (NVLT) is a Union for aviation technicians who are working in the commercial aviation industry.
Aviation technicians as mentioned in the so called Part-66, Part-145 & Part147’ of the European regulation are subdivided in:
- Certifying Staff category A, B1, B2 and C, who are responsible of issuing a ‘certificate of release to service’ (CRS) after maintenance has been performed on an aircraft.
- Component Certifying Staff, who are responsible of issuing a ‘certificate of release to service’ after maintenance has been performed on a component.
- Support staff B1 and B2, who are responsible for the maintenance of all relevant tasks they have performed by themselves or by mechanics and justify this work by means of a “sign- off”.
- Mechanics, who are responsible for the maintenance they have performed by themselves and justify this work by means of a “sign-off”.
- Personnel who is directly related with their work to the work of the Certifying/ support Staff.
Our main objective is to defend and to improve the interests of our members such as named above, consisting of:
- Creating good working conditions by conducting labour agreements negotiations with the companies who has recognized the NVLT,
- Promoting aviation safety and the Safety in general,
- Defending Individual interests of our members within their work,
- Increasing the professionalism of our members,
- Providing advice to our members on legal and technical matters,
- Providing expertise which is in our scope to organizations and agencies,
- Providing advise to the EU and EASA in establishing new amendments and or Regulations,